Louise graduated with distinction as a physiotherapist from the University of Sydney in 1992, and draws on over 20 years’ experience in private practice treating a diverse range of musculoskeletal issues. She uses a combination of manual therapy, education and exercise prescription to work with individuals to achieve best possible outcomes.
Prior to moving to the Lake Macquarie area Louise lived and worked on the Central Coast, including owning and managing a successful practice in Woy Woy, and has also worked in private practice in East Gosford, Forster and Tamworth.
A special interest in women’s health has led to further training in lymphoedema, continence and pelvic floor therapy, including completion of the PINC and STEEL certification programs for cancer rehabilitation. Louise has found it both professionally and personally rewarding to be able to support individuals in their recovery from cancer treatments, with particular focus on regaining confidence, mobility and fitness.
Louise continues to develop her skills by attending professional development courses on mindfulness, laser therapy, and the latest advances in lymphoedema and pelvic floor treatments.
Louise is a keen hockey player and enjoys cycling, walking, yoga and reading.
Areas of Special Interest
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Complex Lymphoedema Therapy
- Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation for the bladder and bowel
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Musculoskeletal and Sports Injuries
- Exercise Therapy
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) – University of Sydney
- Registered Physiotherapist – Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Registered Health Services Provider with WorkCover, Medicare, Medibank Private, 3rd Party Insurers & all other major Health Funds
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association(APA), the Australasian Lymphology Association (ALA)and the Continence Foundation of Australia (CFA)
- PINC and STEEL certificates
- Lymphoedema Level 1 training
- Women’s Health Training Association Member (WHTA)
- BOUNCE Back Instructor