Bec graduated from Newcastle University in 2017, with a Bachelor in Physiotherapy and has been working at Rathmines Physiotherapy since January 2018.
During her studies, Bec worked as a Physiotherapy Assistant for 3 years at a Sport and Spinal Physiotherapy Clinic and ran Pilates classes. She also worked with the Junior Jets Football Club for 3 years, various local clubs for soccer and AFL for 3 years on the weekends, did her last University placement with the 16s and 18s Newcastle Knights Rugby for the season.
Since graduation Bec has expanded her sports event coverage and has provided Physiotherapy services to Westlakes District Netball on a weekly basis and traveled to State Age and Open championships in 2018. Additionally Bec has traveled to Canberra for the Maso Cup for Broadmedow Magic FC earlier in 2019.
Through her work she has gained practical experience assessing clients, providing hands on treatment and rehabilitation programs, along with exposure to neurological and cardiopulmonary conditions.
Prior to Physiotherapy, Bec competed in swimming, running and athletic events. During her studies she kept up her running, competing in numerous half marathons and has recently completed a full marathon. She is currently training for an upcoming triathlon and another marathon. She currently also plays soccer and surfs. Through Bec’s continued involvement in various sports, she has developed a thorough understanding of physical demands and the need for an individual tailored rehabilitation and the importance of correct biomechanics.
Bec is registered with the Australian Physiotherapy Association. She attends lectures provided by a range of specialists and reads evidence base articles to ensure her clients receive the most up-to-date information and treatment options.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Sport Injuries
- Functional and Sport Specific Rehabilitation
Qualifications & Affiliations
- AHPRA Registered Physiotherapist
- Registered Health Service Provider with WorkCover, Medicare, Medibank Private, 3rd Party Insurer & all other major Health Funds
- APA Level 1 Sport trainer
- 5week course: Physiotherapy Management of Spinal Cord injuries
- Musculoskeletal Segmental and Dry Needling Course
- Senior First Aid
- 2 day course on 3D assessment and treatment of the lumbar spine and pelvis (2019)
- Strengthening & Conditioning Coach Level 1