- Using hypoallergenic sun creams applied half an hour prior to sun exposure
- Covering skin with clothing ( e.g light-weight long sleeve shirts and pants)
- Wearing a broad brimmed hat and sunglasses
- Seek out shade wherever possible and avoid being outside during the middle of the day
Avoid overheating by:
- Wearing light-weight cotton clothing
- Not performing strenuous exercise in the heat
- Avoiding being outside during the middle of the day
In the case of sunburn:
- Use sorbelene, aloe vera or other hypoallergenic moisturiser regularly on the affected areas.
- Cool the area using luke-warm showers or baths.
- Avoid sunburn on top of sunburn.
*Please note; it is important to continue wearing your compression garment during spring/summer.
If you believe your lymphoedema has altered please call the clinic on 4975 1622 to make an appointment with a lymphoedema physiotherapist. An appointment will assess if your current management plan is appropriate for your current condition.