Dave has over 30 years’ experience as a physiotherapist and strength and conditioning coach. Following his graduation from the University of Sydney in 1993 he worked in the areas of private practice, occupational health and strength and conditioning. He is highly skilled in the training and conditioning of athletes and also assisting them to remain injury free.
In the past, Dave has worked with the following organisations:
- NSW Institute of Sport
- Australian Institute of Sport
- Scottish Institute of Sport
- ACT Academy of Sport
- CRS Australia
- Hunter Mariners Rugby League
- Auckland Warriors Rugby League
- West Tigers Rugby League
- Newcastle Knights Rugby League
- NSW Rugby Union
- Australian Rugby Union
- Samoa Rugby Union
He has also worked as a performance services manager, coordinating the delivery of sports science and medical services for scholarship athletes and traveled with numerous sporting teams, providing physiotherapy, rehabilitation and strength and conditioning services.
Dave has been instrumental in the preparation of numerous athletes for national teams, including the Australian Women’s Water Polo team (Sydney Olympic Gold Medalists), the Australian Men’s Volleyball Team (Commonwealth Champions) and various other sports including Cycling, Diving and Swimming. He has also worked overseas, running a rugby academy in Ireland (Garryowen Rugby Club), as the physiotherapist for Samoa Rugby Union. Recently he has been providing physiotherapy services for the NSW Police Force, having previously been a serving police officer before returning to University as a mature age student. Dave is still working in the area of high performance sport, working as the strength and conditioning coach for the national Para Archery team as they prepare for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics.
Areas of Special Interest
- Sports Injury Management & Treatment
- Strength and Conditioning
- Athlete Injury Screening
- Athlete Preparation (Program Design)
Qualifications & Affiliations
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy)
- Master of Health Science (Exercise & Sport Science)
- Registered Physiotherapist: AHPRA No: PHY0001153674
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Registered Health Services provider
- Life member Australian Strength & Conditioning Association
- Level 2 & Elite level Coach
- NSW Institute of Sport: Strength & Conditioning Coach – National Para Archery.